Our Ultimate Guide to the 11 Best Freestanding Tubs of 2019 – with Reviews
Table of Contents
- Our Ultimate Guide to the 11 Best Freestanding Tubs of 2019 – with Reviews
- Freestanding Tubs Comparison Table 
- 11 Best Freestanding Tub Reviews of 2019
- #1: Ariel Bath Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Free Standing Bathtub
- #2: Woodbridge B-0030 Jetted Freestanding Tub
- #3: Woodbridge B-0012 WITH Faucet II
- #4: American Standard Cadet Acrylic Freestanding Tub
- #5: Woodbridge 59″ B-0029 (With No Faucet)
- #6: Kingston Brass VTRS683128 68″ Freestanding Soaker Tub
- #7: AKDY F277
- #8: AKDY 71″ Freestanding Soaking Bathtub AZ-F274
- #9: ARIEL Platinum PS112-6330 Aurora Bathtub
- #10: Sinkology TBT-6631CL Handmade Copper Freestanding Claw Foot Bath Tub
- #11: Premier Copper Products – BTR45DB Japanese Copper Soaking Tub
- Quick Purchase Guide: What exactly is a freestanding bathtub? What does freestanding mean?
- 5 Freestanding Tub Benefits To Know
- What to Look For with the Best Freestanding Bathtubs?
- Summing Up
Freestanding Tubs Comparison Table 
Ariel Bath Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool
Includes 14 multi-directional whirlpool jets, a waterfall faucet, handshower, and touch screen keypad, to create 2019's #1 rated freestanding tub.
Woodbridge B-0030 Jetted Freestanding Tub
A 20 jet system - with 10 water jets, and 10 air bubble jets, combine to provide a wonderfully relaxing soak, and at a price that can't be beaten.
Woodbridge B-0012 WITH Faucet II
A beautiful brushed nickel tub filler accompanies this highly-rated freestanding tub, along with a stylish handshower.
American Standard Cadet Acrylic Freestanding Tub
Crafted from high-gloss acrylic-capped ABS with fiberglass reinforcement, this free standing tub sports a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Woodbridge 59" B-0029 (With No Faucet)
This high-backed, ergonomically shaped tub, provides excellent comfort, and the ability to custom fit a tub filler of your choosing.
Kingston Brass VTRS683128 Freestanding Soaker Tub
Beautifully shaped, this freestanding tub comes in 3 awesome sizes: 59 inches, 68 inches, and 71 inches.
This AKDY F277 is mega cheap. If you need a budget-friendly tub for a spare bathroom, this one is a winner.
This double-backed tub, is perfect for 2, and holds over 95 gallons of water, for a true full-body soak.
ARIEL Platinum PS112-6330 Aurora Bathtub
At 62.9 inches long, the Aurora from Ariel Platinum, is an excellent option for smaller spaces.
Sinkology TBT-6631CL Handmade Copper Freestanding Claw Foot Bath Tub
Crafted from pure solid copper, and finished by hand, the Sinkology TBT-6631CL is straight out of a dream, for the "uber-creative" bathroom designer.
Premier Copper Products BTR45DB Japanese Copper Soaking Tub
Handmade, 100% recyclable, and made of 99.7% pure recycled copper, this Japanese Copper Freestanding Tub is environmentally friendly.
11 Best Freestanding Tub Reviews of 2019
#1: Ariel Bath Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Free Standing Bathtub
Our #1 best freestanding tub on the market, in 2019, goes to the Ariel Bath Platinum AM128JDCLZ Whirlpool Bathtub.
Quite unlike most freestanding soaking tubs on the market, this Ariel Bath model seamlessly combines all the features you could dream of. This is far more than just a freestanding tub, but it is also an acrylic-based whirlpool bathtub, equipped with 14 massage jet heads, that work together to create a “1 of a kind” relaxing experience.
To complement that experience, the tub includes a set of chromotherapy lighting LED bulbs, that alternate colors, or you can choose to one color of your preference. We also love that there is a FM radio built-in to the computer control panel, with a digital interface, through which you can set your preferences and tune the radio.
The whirlpool jet system is powered by a 1.5 horsepower pump for a powerful, massaging bath session. As for this freestanding tub’s dimensions, they are quite generous. They come in at 71-inch wide, 37,5-inch long and 35-inch tall, which is enough to fill 60+ gallons of water! If we had to choose the “Best freestanding tub for two,” this would be it.
Also, important to note, this freestanding bath tub requires includes an electrical system for it’s operation. This means it doesn’t work with a standard plug, but don’t worry, simply have an electrician handle the install, it’s easy-peasy for them.
As for the rest of the special features, the tub includes a handheld shower head with a hose attached, and thermostatic faucet making this tub an amazing value for all the features it includes.
#2: Woodbridge B-0030 Jetted Freestanding Tub
The #2 best freestanding tub of 2019, is the Woodbridge B-0030 Jetted Freestanding Tub.
If you’re looking for the best value freestanding bathtub of the year, the Woodbridge B-0030 is our top pick.
This Woodbridge tub has 10 whirlpool bubble bath jets, and 10 adjustable body massage jets. That makes for 20 total jets, designed to hit every inch of your aching body, after a long day.
Just think … you know that one spot on your lower back that has really been killing you? Or maybe your neck and shoulders get stiff from time to time? With the Woodbridge B-0300, you now have adjustable jets to laser in on those focus areas, and improve circulation, which will ultimately lead to more comfort.
We also loved this tub’s underwater mood lamp. If you’re looking to up the relaxation another notch, and give your bath an extra special feel to it, these lights do an excellent job.
#3: Woodbridge B-0012 WITH Faucet II
At #3 on our list of the best freestanding tubs of 2019, is the Woodbridge B-0012 Witch Faucet II.
If you’re looking for the best freestanding tub with shower on the market, look no further than this beauty. Right of the bat with this free standing bathtub, you’re going to notice its sleek, simple, and elegant shape.
The Woodbridge’s beautiful shape, combined with the stylish faucet, and handheld shower, combine to create a freestanding tub that stands heads & shoulders above it’s competition.
Also, if you’re tight on space, this is an excellent option.
You’ll also notice the Woodbridge comes with a brushed nickel overflow and pop up drain, this is especially helpful for those times where you’re filling up your bath water to the perfect temperature, loose track of time (sometimes fall asleep), and awake to a fun water surprise in your bathroom (aka: flooded floors … no fun).
Lastly, another important thing to note with the Woodbridge, it was designed with ergonomics at the forefront. What does that mean? Glad you asked. This just means that tub was designed to be super comfortable, and here at Showersly, we couldn’t agree more. If you’re dealing with space confinements, and you’re looking for a freestanding tub less than 60 inches, JACKPOT.
#4: American Standard Cadet Acrylic Freestanding Tub
At #4 on our list of the best freestanding bathtubs, is one of our best acrylic freestanding tubs, the American Standard Cadet.
At first glance, you’ll notice the tub’s clean looking glossy finished acrylic-capped ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), that’s reinforced with fiberglass.
You’re probably wondering what ABS means, don’t worry, we’ll explain. In essence, ABS means the tub has high rigidity, and high impact strength. Also, that it has excellent chemical resistance, and abrasion resistance. In simpler terms, this acrylic tub is made with only top of the line, premier quality acrylic.
Aside from the excellent acrylic material, we also loved that this tub comes handy with a stylish chrome freestanding tub filler, and handheld spray shower. This way, you’re ahead of the game when it comes to finding a compatible tub filler with your acrylic tub, plus the additional hand shower is a welcomed add on.
Overall, the American Standard Cadet tub is an excellent value, and holds the title of our favorite acrylic freestanding tub of 2019.
#5: Woodbridge 59″ B-0029 (With No Faucet)
At #5, is the Woodbridge 59″ B-0029 (with no faucet). If you’re looking for one of the best modern freestanding tubs on the market, this Woodbridge model definitely deserves to be on your radar.
First, let’s talk about something you probably noticed upon your first glance, it’s WONDERFUL shape. Woodbridge really hit a home run with this freestanding bathtub’s ergonomic design. In simpler terms … this tub is SUPER COMFORTABLE. Probably one of the MOST COMFORTABLE freestanding tubs of 2019!
I can go on for days about how much I love the shape of this tub, but let’s just say if you’re looking for a modern freestanding bathtub, this is a great look.
Also, check out the awesome brushed nickel faucet on this tub! This is an optional feature, but we think it looks GREAT.
Lastly, and worth mentioning, this freestanding bath is made with premium quality Acrylic, and reinforced with resin & fiberglass.
In simpler terms, this tub’s construction is lightweight, yet durable, making installation a breeze (installation services also offered).
#6: Kingston Brass VTRS683128 68″ Freestanding Soaker Tub
Coming in at #6 on our list of the best freestanding baths of 2019, is one of our best large freestanding tubs, the KINGSTON BRASS VTRS592928.
Right off the bat, you’ll notice that the Kingston Brass has a wonderful concave shape to it. The high-backed design is specially crafted with ergonomics in mind, or in other words, this tub is super comfortable.
The tub is made from mostly acrylic, and reinforced with fiberglass. This combination enhances the tubs’ durability.
The KINGSTON BRASS is also a spacious freestanding bath tub. It is 68-inches long, 31-inches wide 28.5-inches tall, and it can hold up to 60 gallons of water. When you sink into this tub, with some warm bath water, and your favorite tunes playing in the background, you can’t go wrong.
#7: AKDY F277
The #7 best free standing tub of 2019, is the beautiful AKDY F277.
The F277, like the AKDY AZ-F274, has a sleek, modern and elegant design, resembling a concave shell that is quite tall compared to other models. First thing to keep in mind, it has a HUGE gallon capacity at 95 gallons held.
Thus, the AKDY F277 is a large freestanding tub, when compared to the other models on our list. If you’re looking to go BIG, and you have the space, you’ll love the AKDY F277. If you’re looking for a small freestanding tub, it’d be best to check out the other tubs on our list.
This oval freestanding bathtub is made with acrylic, and includes the anti-skidding patterns, drain fixture, and metal feet. Like the other AKDY model of our list, the drain includes a flexible pipe, which is quite useful to install this versatile tub anywhere with no concerns about the drain.
This model is one of the more inexpensive freestanding tubs on our list, so if you’re looking for a cheap stand alone tub, this is an option.
#8: AKDY 71″ Freestanding Soaking Bathtub AZ-F274
At #8 on our list of the best freestanding soaking tubs on the market today is the AKDY AZ-F274.
AKDY produces a lot of famous shower heads in the market, and their tub game is no different. When constructing their free standing soaking tubs, they design with beautiful shapes in mind, without forgetting the importance of great water capacity, and high quality materials. It’s made with fiberglass, and coated in acrylic, giving this tub superb strength, and durability.
It should be pointed out that this tub is one of the larger freestanding tubs on our list with its dimensions at: 70-inch wide, 31.5-inch long and 28-inch tall. These freestanding tub dimensions create a HUGE gallon capacity at 95.1 gallons held. This is the MOST GALLONS HELD on our list!
Also, and important to note, the bottom surface of the tub is made with an anti-skidding material. This means you can install this tub in the center of a room because it doesn’t require walls, like regular drop-in-tubs.
Another plus with the AKDY AZ-F274 is that it comes the drain fixture. It is made with brass, and finished with polished chrome. It also includes a flexible pipe that proves quite versatile upon installation. The support feet of this free standing bath tub are made from stainless steel, and are also included with the tub.
If you’re looking for one of the best cheap freestanding baths, the AKDY AZ-F274 will have your friends thinking you spent thousands.
#9: ARIEL Platinum PS112-6330 Aurora Bathtub
At #9, on our list of the Best Free Standing Tubs of 2019, we have the ARIEL Platinum PS122-6330 Aurora Bathtub, our first rectangular freestanding bathtub on our list.
ARIEL is quite known for their shower heads, but it’s wise not to sleep on their freestanding tubs. You wouldn’t want to miss out.
Like other tubs on our list, the ARIEL Platinum PS122-6330 Aurora Bathtub is constructed with acrylic. The tub comes with concealed foot pegs, that are discreet, and out of direct eye sight. Having these foot pegs allows the tub to be easily adjusted, and leveled.
As for the freestanding tub’s dimensions, the tub is 62.9″ long x 29.5″ width x 23.6″ height, so it is one of our smaller freestanding soaker tubs on our list. If your bathroom is tight on space, or if you’re looking for a more traditionally shaped tub, this small freestanding bathtub from Ariel is PERFECT.
#10: Sinkology TBT-6631CL Handmade Copper Freestanding Claw Foot Bath Tub
At #10, on our list of the best freestanding bathtubs, is the Sinkology TBT-6631CL Handmade Copper Claw Foot Freestanding Tub.
If you’re looking for this year’s best copper freestanding tub on the market, you’ve hit the jackpot with this tub from Sinkology.
Are you tired of your plain white bathtub? No worries! We’ve got a solution. Sinkology’s copper freestanding bath can turn any boring bathroom, into an absolute show stopper. Most of the other freestanding bathtubs on our list sit flat on the ground, but with this freestanding pedestal tub, it comes with beautiful feet, so it sits well above the floor. This type of design does wonders for increasing the “space” in your bathroom.
Besides the awesome vintage look, freestanding copper tub benefits go far and wide.
In particular with this copper freestanding bathtub from Sinkology, we loved the classic high-back concave shape (for extra comfort), and also, the sheer size of the copper freestanding bath (dimensions = 68 x 32 x 31 inches). If you’re a die-hard fan of old fashioned tubs, you can’t beat this vintage look!
#11: Premier Copper Products – BTR45DB Japanese Copper Soaking Tub
The #11 best-rated freestanding tub of 2019, is the Premier Copper Products BTR45DB Japanese Copper Soaking Tub.
If you’re looking for the #1 best copper Japanese soaking tub for sale on the market, in 2019, look no further than Premier Copper Products’ BTR45DB Japanese Freestanding Soaking Tub.
There’s a bunch of reasons to love the Japanese copper soaker tub from Premier Copper Products, but we’ll try to keep it short with our top 3.
- This tub is handmade. This gives your bathroom a real authentic feel to it.
- We love that this tub is made with 99.7% pure recycled copper, and is 100% recyclable. Self explanatory, go green!
- We love that the faucet mounting position is floor deck mount, or wall mount. This makes the tub extremely versatile, regardless of the environment it is put into.
Japanese Soaking Tub Dimensions:
- Inner: 39″ by 36,” with 18″ by 14″ by 12″
- Outer: 45″ by 36″
If you’re looking for where to buy this bathtub, click the button bellow.
Quick Purchase Guide: What exactly is a freestanding bathtub? What does freestanding mean?
There are several different models of bathtubs in the market these days, but the difference between them is not only about the shape, but also about how they are supposed to be implemented. So many people ask, “What does freestanding mean?” and “What exactly is a freestanding bathtub?” We’ll happily explain.
Freestanding bathtubs are, as the name suggests, free from the requirement of walls or pre-projected designs to include it in the bathroom. Their design is often the most beautiful for bathtubs as it shows body, is often designed with artistic care and can resemble sculptures.
Also, their installation is versatile, as they can stand anywhere where you can connect a water pipe and a drain fixture. They’re able to be installed right in the middle of the bathroom, in the corner, or in the shower stall, pretty much wherever it’s dimensions fit.
The other option of bathtubs, considering installation, are the built-in tubs, they are either the traditional rectangular tubs, the corner tubs or hydro massage bathtubs. All these designs do not have a full finish on all sides to be exposed the way the freestanding tubs do, so they often require to be embedded like a swimming pool on the floor or affixed on one or more walls. Freestanding bathtubs usually cost less than most built-in tubs as they don’t require the infrastructure to build around them.
5 Freestanding Tub Benefits To Know
- Flexible Installation: Non-freestanding tubs MUST be installed next to a wall. Freestanding tubs, on the other hand, can be installed anywhere their dimensions fit, even in the middle of the bathroom if you have a drain there.
- Illusion of Extra Space: Installing a freestanding tub won’t actually give you a more spacious bathroom, but, it will feel like it! The open area underneath the tub gives the effect.
- Unique Style: Freestanding tubs are GAME CHANGERS when it comes to impressing friends, and family. Say GOODBYE to boring drop-in-tubs, and HELLO to beautifully shaped freestanding tubs.
- Different Materials: Freestanding bathtubs can be made with various materials including acrylic, cast iron, copper, and more. Depending on the material, the tub will have different benefits. For example, a copper tub will more durable and last for decades.
- Shows Off Tile: Freestanding bathtubs have smaller bases than drop-in-tubs, so if you’re super proud of your tile, that is a great reason to upgrade to a freestanding bath.
What to Look For with the Best Freestanding Bathtubs?
While these stand alone tubs are quite flexible to be installed, you have to cherish their quality to avoid getting a white elephant in the middle of your bathroom. This kind of bathtub gets much more exposed to the ambient, so it requires some features that make it efficient, resilient and worth the purchase overall:
- Best Tub Material = Thermal Insulant Material: Most bathtubs, regardless of the type, are made of acrylic, because this is the best kind of material source to keep the water on the bathtub warm for longer. Acrylic is a thermal insulant, so it does the job to prevent the water loosing heat to the exterior since it is already loosing some heat to the surface in open contact with the air. Not all standalone bathtubs must be crafted on acrylic as there are other thermal insulant materials, like our cast iron standalone tub we reviewed. As you have seen, there are alloys of other materials like glass fiber with ABS plastic, in the case of the American Standard model, as well as there are other synthetic polymers that are really great to work as insulants. Bear in mind that synthetic materials will often result in much lighter bathtubs, while acrylic is a heavy material, even though it is more resistant. Lighter stand alone tubs are easier to manage and install, but they may be more susceptible to impact damages so choose wisely something that is insulant but also resilient enough. Cooper freestanding tubs, on the other hand, are going to be heavier, yet more durable, so we recommend using an installation service for those models.
- Gallons vs. Size: You’ll notice, freestanding tub sizes come in all sorts of variety, so it’s important to remember that a seemingly “wide” tub or “tall” tub, may not necessarily result in a more immersive experience. Remember, size measures from the manufacturers often refer to the outside dimensions, but interior dimensions are more important when it comes to submersion / relaxation. The interior dimensions of the free standing soaker tubs are always going to be smaller, so take that into account when thinking about the tub’s “size.” The amount of gallons held is as important as how tall is the tub is, so pay attention to this ratio, as tall tubs with short gallons capacity are not exactly a good deal. They may be too shallow, and also, not too comfortable and spacious. Be sure to check pictures of inside the stand alone bathtub, and always prefer higher gallons than bigger bathtubs, as size is less important when were speaking in terms of immersion. This is where to real relaxation happens.
- Compatibility: Most manufacturers will not sell their stand alone bath tubs with the faucets systems for a similar reasons steam generators are not sold with controllers: there are several different options of design for the complementary fixture of the equipment, so you may purchase one specific freestanding bathtub model but it can be compatible with several different faucet lines of the brand. Be careful with bathtubs that offer all the fixture system with the tub, be sure it at least works with standard plumbing measures – 0,5-inch pipes, for instance – otherwise this complete kit may become an obsolete burden in the future whenever you want to replace faucets and other components.
Choosing the best freestanding tub is not a very complicated mission, it is much more about pleasing your taste and matching the decor set of your bathroom than anything else. Just be sure, of course, that your bathroom can support the bathtub, aka the size / dimensions of the tub. Ultimately, these freestanding soaker tubs don’t require you to start a building site inside your bathroom, they simply require a spacious environment.
Now that you’ve completed your research … get ready to bathe like a king, or queen!
Want more awesome bathroom stuff? Click the picture below, and take a look around.